Ok, so we did finally eat at a Scottish restaurant on Thursday evening - The Ubiquitous Chip. Its funny because Max's wife arrived and her cabbie told her about the Byrne St and Ashton Ln area and that it was good for music/food. Turns out this is the same area Emily and I ate in on Sunday at lunch- cute cobblestone pathway... you can see one of the places there, The Wee Pub, which is actually connected to The Ub. Chip.
It was a WONDERFUL restaurant- very gourmet and foodie. We all chose the 3-course which was almost 40 pounds (80 dollars). Mine started with a broccoli creme caramel - it was like a creamy broccoli flan - sounds sooo weird, but it was incredible - sweet, spicy and savory all in one. Then was the sirloin - steak was ehhh, but the potatoes with it were really good. Then the dessert - we all had a different one and traded- incredible. Wish I had my camera with me that night because every dish deserved a picture.
Yesterday (Friday) afternoon, Emily and I went to Edinburgh. The train ride was really easy and interesting, and the city is beautiful- very touristy though, unlike Glasgow. Oddly, despite all of the beautiful old buildings, I liked Glasgow better- but we really didn't get to see all of Edinburgh. Pictures here: http://www2.snapfish.com/share/p=97331223072987846/l=426594260/g=96935736/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB
All in all, I'd highly recommend Scotland- would love to come back and see the Highlands and countryside. The glimpse we got on the train was beautiful, but I'm sure nothing compared to the Lochs and such. Gwynne and her husband are traveling Scotland for a full week- can't wait to hear about it.
At the airport now... home by 4:50 pm if all goes well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment